This accreditation covers Gas Testing and Cover Lifting. It provides learners with the knowledge and skills to identify the hazards and potential risks involved in working safely on or in proximity to underground structures and operational buildings.
- Know how to work safely
- Know how to carry out gas testing safely
- Know how to demonstrate safe methods of testing for lifting covers before working underground
- Know relevant health and safety legislation and industry good practice
- Know the hazards of working in underground chambers or structures
- Know how to carry out cover lifting safely
Industry accreditation certificated by Smart Awards.
This accreditation is available to anyone over the age of 16 who is capable of reaching the required standard. There are no barriers that restrict access or progression thereby promoting equal opportunity. It is expected however that learners will have a level of literacy adequate to cope with the assessment.