This course will consider how you can build a culture and specific processes within your business, to help reduce the stigma around Mental Health as a topic. It will enable you to be able to flag issues before they become problems and to help you have productive, legal and positive conversations with those who are signed off work with mental health-related issues.
It will also give you a good understanding of mental health and resilience, workplace situations and how to handle them.
The course is split into 4 sessions over the two days.
Each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan and involves a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions.
- Why Mental Health First Aid?
- The Mental Health First Aid action plan
- What is mental health?
- Impact of mental health issues
- Stigma and discrimination
- Understanding the symptoms and factors involved with depression
- Suicide figures and associated first aid
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- First aid and resources for depression
- Non-judgemental listening skills
- Understanding anxiety and associated first aid including crisis first aid
- Alcohol, drugs and anxiety disorders
- Cognitive distortions and CBT
- Personality disorders
- Eating disorders
- Understanding psychosis, risk factors and associated first aid and resources
- Alcohol, drugs and psychosis
- Bipolar Disorder
- Recovery and building resources
- Action planning for using MHFA
The course will also give you an opportunity to talk through case studies, equip you to have difficult conversations around sensitive topics and will look at making reasonable adjustments in the workplace.
Available for on-site delivery
Construction, Civils, Energy & Utilities