To provide thorough practical and theory training in operating a Piling Rig, enabling the candidate to pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests.
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Confirm with Manufacturer’s requirements as per the operators handbook, other types of information source and the relevant regulations and legislation.
- Undertake all pre-use checks.
- Confirm and ready for travel.
- Explain the procedures and precautions to be taken when travelling over rough, undulating ground.
- Maneuver in confined spaces.
- Position, configure and set for driven works.
- Explain action required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Accurately install displacement piles to completion.
- Comply with signals and instructions.
- Explain lifting requirements and limitations using a piling rig.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
- Explain the de-rigging, loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting