To provide thorough practical and theory training in operating a Slinger / Signaller and to enable the candidate to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests.
- Establishing the weight and dimensions of loads and communicating this information to the crane operator
- Selecting appropriate lifting tackle, attaching and detaching it correctly and safely
- Directing the actions of a crane moving loads of various weights and dimensions, giving clear and unambiguous signals in such a manner as to ensure the safety of personnel and plant
- Determining the serviceability of lifting tackle maintaining and storing it correctly
- The duties and responsibilities, as required by statute, of a slinger/signaller
- The effects of load movement on the stability of a crane
- Potential hazards associated with crane operation how to overcome them
- The effect of varying the angles of multi-leg slings and how to calculate their safe working loads
- Methods of establishing weights and dimensions of loads
- The standard code of signals
- Operator problems of crane control
- Automatic safe load indicators
- Crane safety devices
To achieve the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card, candidates must pass both the CSCS touch screen H+S test (within the last 2 years) and the CPCS Theory Test and the Practical Test.
ATS Group, Lily Annie House, Silchester Road, Tadley, Hampshire, RG26 3PY.
Available for on-site delivery