This A23 Skid Steer Loader course will allow candidates’ to competently and safely operate a Skid Steer Loader, alongside passing the CPCS Practical and Theory tests.
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturers requirements as per the operators handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
- Configure and set for site travel
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, substantial inclines and level surfaces; laden and unladen
- Maneuver in confined spaces
- Configure and set for extraction and loading duties
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Extract differing types of materials from stockpiles and other sources
- Form stockpiles of segregated materials and construct (temporary) ramps
- Sort and place materials into transporting vehicles and hoppers
- Backfill, spread and level ground and materials
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
- CITB health, safety and environment test passed no more than two years before the course start date.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.
- Can undertake pre-start, running checks and shut down procedures in accordance with the manufacturers’ handbook.
- Ability to travel in a forward/reverse direction, through restrictions, confined areas, on level ground, undulating ground and substantial inclines, including hill start procedures.
- Can configure dumpers to receive and discharge loads.
- You will need to revise the theory questions before the course.