This A20 Hoist course will allow candidates’ to competently and safely operate a Hoist, alongside passing the CPCS Practical and Theory tests.
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant/equipment operator.
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Confirm with Manufacturer’s requirements as per the operators handbook, other types of information source and the relevant regulations and legislation.
- Check the stability, alignment and safety before use.
- Check that hoist-way protections is in position before use.
- Check that all gates and safety devices function according to specification.
- Undertake all pre-use and running checks.
- Check emergency lowering functions.
- Explain precautions to be taken for overhead services and other hazards.
- Load and unload materials following manual handling requirements.
- Prepare the hoist for the required load(s) and/or passengers.
- Operate the hoist to the limits of operation both loaded and unloaded.
- Comply with signals and instructions.
- Explain hoist working limitations.
- Place the hoist in an out-of-service condition, isolate and secure.
- CITB health, safety and environment test passed no more than two years before the course start date.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.
- Can undertake pre-start, running checks and shut down procedures in accordance with the manufacturers’ handbook.
- Ability to travel in a forward/reverse direction, through restrictions, confined areas, on level ground, undulating ground and substantial inclines, including hill start procedures.
- Can configure dumpers to receive and discharge loads.
- You will need to revise the theory questions before the course.