A mix of practical and theory-based exercises and tutorials take delegates through manufacturer information and general knowledge of a Reach Truck. In addition, they’ll participate in practical activities to recognise the machine’s components and functions, best practices, and working methods.
The course reflects national standards and industry best practices and is fully accredited in line with regulations. In addition, delegates will benefit from our custom-built training facilities and customer-first approach.
Our occupationally and technically-experienced trainers coach delegates on this course, completing the session with a practical observation and short answer question paper. They must pass the assessment to qualify for:
- NPORS/CSCS Construction Plant Operator Card, valid for two years.
- Traditional Operators card, valid for three to five years depending on sector-specific or in-company requirements
This training is essential for workers to operate a Reach Truck. Delegates will review legal requirements, ensure safety compliance, understand procedures and appropriate documentation and classifications.
The coaching will take delegates through;
- Plant operation health and safety legislation and regulations
- Theoretical knowledge of plant operations
- Operator’s responsibilities, including daily and weekly checks of the Reach Truck
- The equipment and use of the Operator’s manual
- Safe and best practice in practical plant methods and operations
- Major components of the truck and their functions
- Pre-operational checks following manufacturers’ and legislative requirements
- Lifting and loading tasks
- Lifting and transferring loads accurately and safely