This A17C Telescopic Handler course will allow candidates’ to competently and safely operate a telehandler, alongside passing the CPCS Practical and Theory tests.
- Operating the machine on all normal tasks for which it is designed.
- Deciding whether a particular load is safe to lift.
- Carrying out routine servicing procedures and maintenance in accordance with the manufacturers instructions.
- Carry out minor adjustments and routine servicing procedure.
- Preparing and driving the machine on public highways, and loading in onto a transporter in accordance with the requirements of the Road Traffic Acts.
- The purpose and capabilities of the machine and any relevant safety precautions necessary for its operation.
- How the machine works and the maintenance requirements involved.
- The effect of load, size, weight, gradients and ground conditions upon machine stability.
- The loading, storage and transit of representative materials.
- The basis construction of pallets.
- The permitted loading of scaffolds.
- CITB health, safety and environment test passed no more than two years before the course start date.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.
- Can undertake pre-start, running checks and shut down procedures in accordance with the manufacturers’ handbook.
- Ability to travel in a forward/reverse direction, through restrictions, confined areas, on level ground, undulating ground and substantial inclines, including hill start procedures.
- Can configure dumpers to receive and discharge loads.
- You will need to revise the theory questions before the course.
ATS Group, Lily Annie House, Silchester Road, Tadley, Hampshire, RG26 3PY.
Available for on-site delivery