This A16 Industrial Forklift Truck course will allow candidates’ to competently and safely operate an Industrial Forklift Truck, alongside passing the CPCS Practical and Theory tests.
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturers requirements as per the operators handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
- Explain need and function of appropriate documentation
- Configure and ready for travel
- Travel to and manoeuvre in confined spaces (with and without loads)
- Configure and set for lifting and transferring duties
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Lift and remove various loads using the full working height of the forklift
- Transfer and place loads accurately at given locations
- Place and remove loads from a vehicle
- Maintain safe working situations
- Maintain safe and tidy working areas
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
- CITB health, safety and environment test passed no more than two years before the course start date.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.
- Can undertake pre-start, running checks and shut down procedures in accordance with the manufacturers’ handbook.
- Ability to travel in a forward/reverse direction, through restrictions, confined areas, on level ground, undulating ground and substantial inclines, including hill start procedures.
- Can configure dumpers to receive and discharge loads.
- You will need to revise the theory questions before the course.