Anyone needing to upgrade from a Red Trained Operator to a Blue Competent Operator card needs to undertake an NVQ, we deliver NVQ’s nationally at the convenience of site and the learner – for further information Click Here.
Our A05 Dragline Training Course covers the below content:
- Introduction to the item of plant, the relevant controls and required PPE, along with safe mounting/dismounting practices
- Pre-start and running checks and explaining the major components of the machine, their features, benefits and associated risks
- General responsibilities of the operator, referring to the manufactures handbook for the specific item of plant being used
- Operating procedures in line with industry best practice and NPORS guidelines
- Safe parking and shut down procedures
Any candidates should have a good understanding of English, the NPORS scheme does permit the use of interpreters however and Safeteam can always organise for an independent interpreter to be made available if needed.
Successful candidates will obtain a CPCS card on completion, there are different options available dependent on prior experience/qualifications of those attending;
- CPCS Red Trained Operator card (2 years) – this card is issued on completion of training and/or the NPORS test, and is available for anyone who has a valid HS&E Health Safety & Environment test.
- CPCS Blue Competent Operator card (5 years) – this card can be issued to any operator that has undertaken NPORS training/testing and also holds a relevant NVQ.