This A04 Tower Crane course will allow candidates’ to competently and safely carry out the role, alongside passing the CPCS Practical and Theory tests.
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Conform with manufacturers requirements as per the operators handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation.
- Undertake all pre-use checks and place the crane into service.
- Explain procedures that must be taken if assessing the jib for inspection and maintenance purposes.
- Configure the crane for lifting duties.
- Explain the reasons for changing the number of falls of rope.
- Explain actions required for hazards and overhead services.
- Programme/set-up rated capacity indicators and/or other load/distance indicators for lifting duties.
- Lift various loads using the full radius and slewing capabilities of a crane.
- Accurately place loads; minimise the swinging of loads.
- Move loads through machine travel and comply with signals and instructions.
- Maintain safe working situations.
- Carry out out-of-service and securing procedures.
- CITB health, safety and environment test passed no more than two years before the course start date.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.
- Can undertake pre-start, running checks and shut down procedures in accordance with the manufacturers’ handbook.
- Ability to travel in a forward/reverse direction, through restrictions, confined areas, on level ground, undulating ground and substantial inclines, including hill start procedures.
- Can configure dumpers to receive and discharge loads.
- You will need to revise the theory questions before the course.