This course aims to educate delegates with content that reflects the national occupational standard (NOS) for medium-risk related confined space environments – NC2 and NC3 classifications.
A reasonably physically demanding course, a high proportion of the learning and assessment is practical, including confined space entry only. The practical elements are supplemented with classroom-based tutorials to prepare delegates for a final examination at the end of day two.
Our course-specific trainers will coach delegates over the two-day course, finishing with a practical observation and short answer question paper assessment, both of which they must pass to qualify.
In this comprehensive course, delegates will extensively cover preparations to enter and work safely in a medium-risk environment, enter and exit medium-risk confined spaces safely, use equipment and tools, follow procedures, and deal with emergencies effectively.
The practical and theoretical learnings delegates will equip delegates to;
- Understand the relevant and current medium-risk confined space legislation
- Recognise and classify a medium-risk confined space
- Produce safe systems of work for entry into medium-risk confined spaces, including a point of works risk assessment
- Recognise diseases and understand the necessary personal hygiene requirements associated with medium-risk confined spaces
- Know how to correctly and safely use atmospheric monitoring equipment
At the end of this course, delegates that pass will be able to know confidently;
- The dangers associated with medium-risk confined space working
- How to risk-assess a medium-risk confined space
- How to classify a medium-risk confined space
- Different types of escape breathing apparatus and which is appropriate
- How to undertake pre-entry checks on equipment
- Correct and safe use of atmospheric monitoring equipment
- The necessary manning levels – delegates must understand and be able to implement proper working procedures taking risk assessment into account
- Why there is a need for periodic examinations of equipment
- The emergency procedures when working in a medium-risk confined space
Dates & Price On Application
Available for on-site delivery
Construction, Highways, Telecommunications, Civils, Energy & Utilities