Are you working in Concrete Operations and are you now in a position where you would like to achieve an NVQ at level 2? We can arrange work based assessments to confirm your Specialist Concrete Operations competence and claim your NVQ which will generate the right CSCS card for you.
What you'll learn
As an NVQ approved assessment centre, ATS can offer NVQ on site assessment (OSAT) to those of you who have underpinning qualifications or who have been working within the Concrete Operations industry for less than 5 years and who have reached a level of competence which falls in line with NVQ Occupational Standards.
OSAT: NVQ Route – On Site Assessment in Concrete Operations with less than 5 years’ experience
If you have underpinning qualifications or have spent less than 5 years Concrete Operations, there is a route to achieving NVQ level 2.
We have our own Assessors and Internal Verifiers, all of whom are City & Guilds and Construction Skills approved. As long as you are working within the Concrete Operation Industry, we can come and assess you on site.
In order to qualify and register for this Concrete Operations NVQ, the following criteria must be met:
You must work within a 80 mile radius of Reading – Postcode: RG7
You will need to be employed in a role that is related to Concrete Operations
These qualifications (NVQs) focus on practical skills and knowledge. Developed and approved by people who work in the industry, they are a great way to get into construction or to boost your career by developing new skills and knowledge through the assessment of work based competence.
How you'll learn
Specialist in Concrete Operations NVQ Assessment process
The process will start with an interview between you and your assessor whereby an action plan and timetable will be drawn up.
You will be required to gather and record evidence as indicated on your assessment plan and you would benefit from a work based recorder (Supervisor or foreman); this will help to confirm work which you have undertaken which an Assessor was unable to be present at.
Assessments will be at your work place whereby we will be observing you at work Concrete Operation; we will examine and discuss any evidence you have provided. An assessor will sign off completed units, where sufficient quality and quantity has been provided, any shortfalls of evidence will be discussed and any training requirements identified. In between visits, you will continue to generate further evidence.
The units required to achieve 601/6795/6 NVQ Diploma in Concrete Operations are:
- A/503/1170 Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- J/503/1169: Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace
- F/503/1171: Moving, Handling and Storing Resources in the Workplace
- T/503/9560: Establishing Work Area Protection and Safety in the Workplace
- Pathway 1 – Concrete Repair
- Pathway 2 – In Situ Flooring – Concrete Finisher
- Pathway 3 – In Situ Flooring – Plant Operator
- Pathway 4 – Background Preparation and Profiling
- Pathway 5 – Sprayed Concrete
- Pathway 6 – Decorative Concrete
- Pathway 7 – Concrete Drilling
- Pathway 8 – Concrete Sawing
- Pathway 9 – Concrete Drilling and Sawing
- Pathway 10 – In Situ Flooring – Screed
- Pathway 11 – In Situ Flooring – Resin
- Pathway 12 – In Situ Flooring – Concrete Layer
There is no time scale on achieving a Concrete Operations NVQ. If your line of work allows, NVQs can be achieved in a relatively short space of time however, if the Concrete Operations work you are doing is restricted or repetitive, the NVQ process can take longer because the opportunity to meet all of the required NVQ units will not be available to you.
- Courses Open To You After
- Once you have achieved NVQ level 2 via this route, you may wish to consider being assessed on-site to achieve level 3 at a later date.
- Additional Info
- OSAT for Employers
- OSAT is a method of delivering NVQs for experienced workers within the Construction Industry which meets the needs of both the industry and individuals.
- Programmes are designed to assess individuals in their normal working environment as the focus is on what individuals do in their normal working environment so therefore the benefit to Companies are:
- There is no downtime because Concrete Operations Assessments are carried out on site
- More qualified and competent employees generate a higher quality product
- Employees complete work faster and waste less time correcting mistakes
- Creates greater awareness of health and safety issues which means there are fewer accidents
- The benefits to individuals are:
- Helps workers achieve vital skills so they achieve CSCS cards quickly and easily
- Takes account of existing skills so workers only train towards the things they don’t know how to do
- Achieves Concrete Operations qualifications to show to potential customers
- OSAT and CSCS
- An increasing number of companies, contractors and clients are looking for operatives and employees to prove their competence via the CSCS card and working towards or achieving the Specialist in Concrete Operations NVQ will allocate the following:
- Red Card – EXPERIENCED WORKER – Registration will take place at profiling stage and as long as you sit/have sat a Construction Skills health and safety test, this card will be generated. The card is issued on a temporary basis, while the NVQ is being achieved. The card is valid for one year and is non-renewable. An Experienced Worker Card cannot be replaced by a Construction Site Operative or a Basic Skills Green Card.
- Blue Card – SKILLED WORKER – You will qualify for a blue skilled card once you have successfully completed the EWPA process and achieved the NVQ level 2
- All applicants must pass the Construction Skills health and safety test.
Level 2 NVQ
Number of NVQs Price
3 £545+VAT PP
2 £595+VAT PP
1 £645+VAT PP