The Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Formwork qualification has been developed for delivery in a working environment; this means you need to be employed to study this qualification. It has been designed to develop and recognise your skills, knowledge and competence so that you can work in Formwork within the construction industry or progress onto further learning. This qualification supports the Learner to attain enabling, fundamental and transferable practical skills with associated underpinning knowledge. Although part of an apprenticeship, this qualification is available outside of an apprenticeship where either the learner’s circumstances prevent them undertaking a full apprenticeship or where their prior skills and knowledge mean they do not require all components of the apprenticeship. In addition, industry will accept the qualification on its own as entry to a job role.
The learner will learn key practical skills and knowledge in these mandatory Formwork units:
- Fabricating and Maintaining Timber and Proprietary Formwork Systems in the Workplace
- Erecting and Striking Timber and Proprietary Formwork in the Workplace
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Moving, Handling and Storing Resources in the Workplace
- Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace
Within this occupational area we offer other qualifications with a similar name: NVQ’s:
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Formwork This NVQ qualification requests the learner to demonstrate, in a real workplace environment, that you are competent against a set of performance statements. You are assessed by an occupationally competent and qualified assessor whose job is to work with you and help you through your programme of learning.
- Level 2 Diploma in Formworking This qualification has been developed for delivery in a training environment; this means that you do not need to be employed to study this qualification. It has been designed to develop your skills, knowledge and understanding so you can work in a particular area in the construction industry or progress to further training. This qualification is supported by federation Concrete Structures Group (CONSTRUCT). For more information about CONSTRUCT please refer to the supporting document within the toolbox below.
The minimum age requirement for this qualification is 16+; there are no further entry requirements to take this qualification. This means that you can undertake this qualification without any previous training or qualifications in this subject area.
This level 2 qualification will give you a robust understanding of Formwork. You do not need any prior qualifications to undertake this level 2 qualification. This is an NVQ qualification and competence can only be demonstrated in a work environment. On completion, other job roles could include: – Concrete operative Alternatively, you can progress on to the following qualifications: – Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Formwork – Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Work Supervision This qualification also sits within a Construction Apprenticeship Framework in England and Wales and can be taken alongside the following qualifications in contribution towards achievement of a Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Construction Civil Engineering – Formwork. – Level 2 Diploma in Formworking – Level 1 Award in Employee Rights and Responsibilities For further information about the construction Apprenticeship Frameworks, please see website: www.afo.sscalliance.org Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS), a mandatory element of a construction framework apprenticeship (England only), have been mapped to the core units within this qualification.
Level 2 NVQ
Number of NVQs Price
3 £545+VAT PP
2 £595+VAT PP
1 £645+VAT PP