The qualification has been developed for delivery in a working environment; this means you need to be employed to study this qualification. It has been designed to develop and recognise your skills, knowledge and competence so that you can work in Building and Civil Engineering within the construction industry or progress onto further learning.
This qualification supports the Learner to attain enabling, fundamental and transferable practical skills with associated underpinning knowledge. Although part of an apprenticeship, this qualification is available outside of an apprenticeship where either the learner’s circumstances prevent them undertaking a full apprenticeship or where their prior skills and knowledge mean they do not require all components of the apprenticeship. In addition, industry will accept the qualification on its own as entry to a job role.
The learner will learn key practical skills and knowledge in these mandatory units
- Maintaining Supplies of Materials to Meet Project Requirements in the Workplace
- Implementing Communication Systems for Construction Projects in the Workplace
- Maintaining the Dimensional Accuracy of the Work in the Workplace
- Contributing to the Control of Work Quantities and Costs in the Workplace
- Co-ordinating Preparation Work for Site or Lifting Operations in the Workplace
- Allocating Work and Checking People’s Performance in the Workplace
- Developing and Maintaining Good Occupational Working Relationships in the Workplace
- Maintaining Systems for Health, Safety, Welfare and Environmental Protection in the Workplace
- Assessing and Recommending Work Methods for Carrying Out Site Operations in the Workplace
- Planning Activities and Resources to Meet Work Requirements in the Workplace
- Coordinating and Organising the Control of Work in the Workplace
- Controlling Work Progress Against Agreed Programmes in the Workplace
- Allocating and Monitoring the Use of Plant, Equipment or Machinery in the Workplace
- Controlling Work Against Agreed Standards in the Workplace
The Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Supervision – Building and Civil Engineering qualification also has five associated pathways which you might be interested in viewing:
- Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Supervision – Highways and Maintenance Repair
- Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Supervision – Residential Development
- Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Supervision – Conservation
- Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Supervision – Demolition
- Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Supervision – Tunnelling
These NVQ qualifications request the learner to demonstrate, in a real workplace environment, that you are competent against a set of performance statements. You are assessed by an occupationally competent and qualified assessor whose job is to work with you and help you through your programme of learning.
This qualification will enable and/or prepare the learner to progress in Construction Site Supervision – Building and Civil Engineering and on completion of this qualification, progress into employment in their chosen trade or on to one of the following Cskills Awards qualifications:
- Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Management
- Technical, supervisory and management qualifications or positions within their own organisations
- Higher Apprenticeship in Construction Management.
This qualification also sits within a Construction Apprenticeship Framework in England and Wales and can be taken alongside the following qualifications in contribution towards achievement of a Level 4 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Construction Site Supervision – Building and Civil Engineering.
- Level 1 Award in Employee Rights and Responsibilities
Level 4 NVQ
Number of NVQs Price
3 £1175+VAT PP
2 £1325+VAT PP
1 £1475+VAT PP
Site / Lift Supervisors